Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reading ~ Falling to Pieces

Alright, I was about 21% into reading Material Witness when I realized it's book three.  Once upon a time I read a book review from someone who got the book from NetGalley.  They were harsh!  They were lost and didn't mince words about it.  I read the book and thought it was great, but I had read the two previous books.  I vowed to not review a book unless I've read them in order; if I know there's more then one that is. =)

But let me say this...  Material Witness is SOOOOO good I stayed up late reading it.  It was getting really good, but my body was betraying me.  I kept falling asleep while Callie walked into her garden with Max (her dog).  I pretty sure she wasn't alone.  Was the murderer there?  Possibly.  Was someone else hiding in her bushes?  Why did the murderer look familiar to her?  Oh all the questions going through my head. 

For now, I'm going back to book one.  I'm currently reading Falling to Pieces: A Quilt Shop Murder (A Shipshewana Amish Mystery) by Vannetta Chapman.  I'm 23% into the book.  So far Daisy the quilt shop owner has died, Callie her niece has moved into Daisy's apartment and finally decided to reopen the quilt shop, the local newspaper has slandered Callie, and Callie is learning to enjoy the simple life.  I'm wondering if Mr Stakehorn, the editor, is making his own news. 

If you want to find out what I'm talking about read Falling to Pieces.  I think you'll like it.  So far it doesn't seem like your typical boy meets girl Amish book which I like.

On a random note the bottom of my foot has been cramping since shortly after I got off the elliptical today.  Not fun.  I didn't even know the bottom of your foot could cramp.

No comments:

Post a Comment