Friday, November 16, 2012

Faithful To Laura

I'm done reading Faithful To Laura by Kathleen Fuller

If I had to sum the book up in one word it would be... Betrayal.  Yep, betrayal.  Have you ever read an Amish book and thought it was full of several different kinds of betrayal?  Well this book most definitely has it.  If I were asked to give two words I would say betrayal and forgiveness.  For all the betrayal the main characters in the book face they all have the option to forgive those who have wronged them; given how they were wronged some would be VERY hard to get over. 

It all begins with Laura having a nightmare of a violent act committed against her at the hands of her fiancee.  He actually tried to murder her, but thankfully failed.  We learn of infidelity and a long lost relative showing up years after a child was orphaned.  There are some intense moments.

I must admit I was hoping for it to end with all the fuzzy rainbows and unicorns; I was a bit disappointed.  However, a book that begins with violence really can't switch to chocolates and bunnies.  It does have a good ending, but I won't spoil it for you.  I'm guessing another book is coming that just may wrap up this one.

I'm reviewing this book for Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment