Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodbye to Yesterday

I just finished reading Goodbye to Yesterday by Wanda E. Brunstetter.  Oh Wanda you're so naughty!  I knew it was the first of six mini novels, but I missed the fact that they would end with cliffhangers!  I was so caught up in the novel I didn't check to see how much was left and then ((((BOOM)))) who shot JR?  Okay I know the who and no one was shot, but still!

Instead of the other Wanda E. Brunstetter novels I've read that are boy meets girl, they fall in love and wed, Goodbye to Yesterday begins 14 months after Meredith and Luke got married.  Luke is unemployed and Meredith is possibly pregnant.  Tensions are high and patients are short.  Luke catches a break when his uncle decides to get out of his engraving business and asks Luke to learn the trade.  He must leave Meredith behind for a couple weeks and travel in the dead of winter to get to his uncle's place, but if it gives him a steady income it's all worth it.

But the cliffhanger... what might it be?  Read the book when it comes out on February 5th and see for yourself.  Perhaps like me you will be in the middle of devouring the novel when it SUDDENLY ends.  Happy reading. =)

This honest review was given at the request of NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment