Sunday, August 12, 2012

Still Reading Coming Home

I'm almost done with Karen Kinsbury's new book Coming Home.  So far I'll say "WOW".  Although I knew something life changing was going to happen before I even started reading it, I didn't expect the book to go this way.  If all you've read is the Redemption Series then the references to Andi, Bailey Flanigan's college roommate, will not mean anything to you.  If you're like me and haven't read the Bailey Flanigan Series then this book will be a spoiler in who she marries.  Given that I haven't finished the Above The Line Series there were a couple spoilers for me, but I won't say them here. =)

If this is your first book on the Baxter's, the first third of the book is a recap of all their lives.  Given that it's been years since I read the Redemption series I was thankful for the recap.  I kept expecting them to go deeper, but figured if you want to know the full story on why Luke only has one biological son, the loss of Ashley's daughter, the significance of Landon's hair comment, or why Cole knowing anything about his biological father worries Ashley, you have to read the Redemption Series.

Because of what appears to be a repeat of tonsillitis for myself and first round for my five year old, I didn't read this at the gym. =(

Alright, I'm off to see how this ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment