Monday, August 13, 2012

Coming Home

Coming Home is a great ending to a wonderful, fictitious family.  The Baxter family once again reminds us what true love really is.  When everything hits the fan they don't start pointing fingers.  They give God all the credit for who they are and what they have.  Then they show love to everyone around them.  Yesterday my five year old was almost hit by a truck carelessly backing into a parking place.  If it wasn't for me screaming , "STOP!" while running around my car and almost slapping the truck, my daughter may be dead today.  Just as the truck stopped she jumped back into the car.  I have asked myself, could I have handled her death with the same grace the Baxter's handle everything life throws at them?  Could I have forgiven the careless truck driver for killing my only child?  I'm not sure, but thankfully I don't have to worry about that.

What I really liked about Coming Home is that it's not about every character we were introduced to over the past 22 books.  It had all my favorite characters, the Baxters'.

And what can we take away from this book?  Love is a decision.  As well as forgiveness is a decision.  Also, let your family know how you feel about being an organ donor.  It will make their choice so much easier if they know you are for or against it.

Now go read the book.  You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment