Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tricia Goyer

Have you heard of the author Tricia Goyer?  I didn't know she existed until LifeWay sent me a calender last year that was all Amish with a coupon at the end for Tricia's new and first Amish book, Beside Still Waters.  I put off buying it for a while.  I'm always afraid to buy a book then find it's lousy.  Well, I'm pleased to say I LOVED the book.  I loved it so much I found myself watching the calender for the next two books in her Big Sky Amish Series to come out.  When I find myself in a lull I want to read some of her other books.  I'm sure their good too.

Here's what I loved about her books...  There are certain Amish authors who quickly do a "boy meets girl" and you know from the first chapter they will eventually get married.  Ugh!  Give me some mystery.  Keep me guessing.  Well, Tricia Goyer does that.  Her writing reminds me a lot of Beverly Lewis who is my FAVORITE Amish author.  I seriously read a lot of Amish books; perhaps to much????  I believe Tricia is my second favorite Amish author.  She only gets second place because I've read Beverly's books longer and she has more of them out.  Something else I loved was how I could forget the main character was Amish.  She just lived life.

I'm currently reading The Memory Jar by Tricia Goyer and published by Zondervan Publishing which is due to be released on October 23rd. My thoughts so far?  Love it!

I'm reviewing this book for Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment