Friday, August 10, 2012

Exercise, Read, Enjoy

Hanging with Karen (Kingsbury) at the gym
I would like to call this sit and be fit, but of course that name is already taken.  I’m going to combine two hobbies which mothers can really struggle with: exercise and reading.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard moms say they don’t have time to excise hence the stretch pants over their stretch marks.  We spend so much time taking care of our kids that we completely miss the mark on taking care of ourselves.  I know in the south this can be easier said then done with our crazy heat, but what about going for a walk, push your little ones in a stroller or pull them in a wagon?  It will give them time outside the house and you a good walk in.  If your kids are older you could let them ride their bikes while you walk.  Is it to hot out?  No problem, just go for some laps around the mall or a department store.  If you’re lucky enough to have exercise equipment AWESOME!  Now go dust it off, put your kids to bed at a good time, and grab a good book so you can kill two birds with one stone.  Yep, I’m asking you to read while you work out.  Are you up for the challenge?  I need the exercise and I love reading so why not combine the two?
I signed up with Net Galley to review books.  Although I read a lot I've actually never reviewed a book before.  Last spring when Tricia Goyer's final addition to the Big Sky Amish Series came out I quickly bought it.  I was shocked to see someone had already reviewed the book and gave it a terrible rating.  Given the first two books are really good I was surprised at the review.  And then I noticed they got the copy from Net Galley and never read the first two additions.  First off I didn't think their opinion was fair and secondly I wanted to know more about Net Galley.  I registered at the end of March, but just signed up and was given my first book to review.  It seems appropriate while working out at the gym and reading Karen Kingsbury's book Take Two (yes, I'm behind) that Zondervan would send me my first book to review...  the final book in the multiple series about the Baxter family and their friends, Coming Home by Karen Kingsbury.  If you want to read some great books that will show you love from different angles, read Karen Kingsbury's Redemption Series.

Alright, are you ready to read a good book and to get your sweat on? 

One small tip, keep a hand towel or washcloth handy when reading and exercising; sweaty books really are gross. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment