Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Perfect Square

I recently finished A Perfect Square by Vannetta Chapman.  It's the second book in the Shipshewana Amish Mystery series.  I actually liked it better then Falling to Pieces (book one).  To be fair in Falling to Pieces Callie is the prime suspect in the murder and I really identify with her.  We're both from Houston.  We both understand losing a child; I lost a set of twins March 2011.  And although our situation is different, I know what it's like to live without my husband.  And I have to give Callie props for learning how to quilt.  When in the mood I like to sew, quilt, and do crafts.  Now why would I prefer someone like myself to look guilty?  I wouldn't.  Needless to say I was happy when they solved the case.

In A Perfect Square a body is found in a pond on an Amish farm.  The land owner becomes the prime suspect and he won't defend himself.  How do you clear someone who won't talk?  Deborah takes the task on to prove the innocents of her friend.  Callie still has her ongoing battle with the other quilt shop owner in Shipshewana.  Esther finds herself in love with Tobias and two weeks away from her wedding when she finds the body in the pond.  The only problem is her fiancee lives on the farm with his cousin; the one being held for the murder of the girl.  The cousins are close.  Will Tobias still want to get married?  And who is the girl in the pond and how did she get there?

In the middle of all the dead body and hearings chaos Callie has an interesting visitor that starts a hunt for answers.

I really enjoyed this book.  I found myself staying up late more than once trying to finish a chapter which always led to one more.  After about the third time I woke up holding my Kindle I would finally put it away for the night (early morning).  Now go check it out for yourself.  As for me I'm now reading book three, Material Witness.  Now that I've gotten to know the characters better I'm enjoying it better.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review, Jennifer. I'm so glad I kept you up late reading. :)

    Blessings,
    V

    ReplyDelete