Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Made With Love

Made With Love by Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore is a different look on Amish life in Sarasota, Florida. I enjoyed reading how Lovina's family adapted to life away from a farm. One thing we can take away from this story is how to handle someone's past. Do we hold it against them or look at who they are now? This seems like an easy decision until we're faced with the choice. There are quite a few things we can learn from this book about marriage, trust in God, and community.

Although I enjoyed the story it did feel slow. I was near the end of the book when I felt the excitement pick up. Do I need excitement? I need a story that will grip me enough I can't put it down till I'm done. I read the last 20% of the book in one sitting because I HAD to know how it ended; I wish I felt that way in the first 20%.

*This book was given to me by Net Galley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment